The Showers of Blessings Apostolic Church of Calgary was established out of a prayer meeting
in 1980 at Pastor Sylvester Taylor’s home. Members of this prayer meeting
consisted mainly of his wife and four children. Soon after others joined making
it difficult to accommodate the growing numbers. This led to the rental of
a Hall at 1507 14 Street SW, Calgary, Alberta where we were shortly joined
by Reverend Gerald Johnson and Evangelist Agatha Campblin who are presently
part of the ministry.
Members grew steadily over the following five years which led to the purchase of a building at
1835 40th Street SE, Calgary, Alberta where we stayed for seventeen years.
In 2002 a parcel of land was purchased at 3915 34 Street NE, Calgary, Alberta
(Westside of the Whitehorn C-train station) where we eventually constructed
our new church with a seating of about 600 and is now our new home.